Monday, March 15, 2021

Prayer Letter - February 2021

 I’ve been sitting here counting my blessings, and trying to decide which ones to share with you. Probably the biggest, since my last letter, was the wonderful news that my grandson, Gabriel Sloan was saved on December 8. I’m thankful for my son, Philip and his wife, Liz for raising my grandchildren to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Of my forty-one grandchildren, 5 are in Heaven; thirty-four are saved. I trust the Lord that the two youngest ones will one day be saved. 


December 5 marked my husband, Tom Sloan’s, 16th anniversary in Heaven. He left behind a work that is growing under the leadership of Pastor Albino López. I don’t have a count of the souls saved in the past two months, but they are the total of those won to the Lord on soul winning, as well as regular church services. In the four years he has been pastor, new bus routes have been started, we have moved into a new building, and one of my favorite ministries God led him to start is our Christian School on Saturday’s. Since children are not allowed to attend school, due to the pandemic, they study online. Most of these bus children don’t have internet access, so they are bussed in on Saturday’s, and tutored by volunteers from our church. This is one of the most enjoyable activities of my week: attending the 9:00 opening service every Saturday morning, which includes songs and a message by the pastor; and then enjoying breakfast with these little children, before I go soul winning. The same vision my husband had sixteen years ago, has been passed down to our current pastor. And the unusual thing is that my husband and Bro. Albino never met.  But the love my husband had for Indian children has been carried on through the ministry he left behind. 


December 17-19 was the date of our Youth Conference. Although I’m not a teenager, I enjoyed playing the piano for the services; and participating in some of their activities, including soul winning at the park, and attending their Saturday night Banquet. At the close of the Conference, the front was lined with young people surrendering their lives to serve the Lord. Several were saved, including a young man from the church my son, Philip, pastors in Veracruz.


Thankfully, things are beginning to take on a semblance of normal. Although we have to observe certain restrictions, on January 27 we once again had our monthly Ladies’ Prayer Breakfast. Our last Breakfast was in February last year. Although several ladies we invited are afraid to attend public meetings, we had an attendance of 18 ladies, two of them for the first time. One lady is head of the women on the police force. She and her two teenage daughters have attended several of our church services. 


While I have thoroughly enjoyed being home for the past six months, I will begin my travels to different conferences, speaking to ladies, beginning in February. I don’t have to tell you the challenges I face with new regulations for passengers entering the USA. But I know the Lord will be with me. I’ve counted my blessings, now and I’m counting on your prayers.


Your friend,

Billie Sloan

Nahum 1:7


No comments: