Monday, October 21, 2019

Prayer Letter - April 2019

Greetings from the state of Nevada, where I am enjoying a visit with my daughter, Ruthie, and her husband Steve Miller, and their 8 precious children.  I enjoyed attending the Victory Baptist Church yesterday, where Steve is pastor. I was fed spiritually through his teaching and preaching; and then rejoiced with them as he baptized a young couple, who are “on fire for the Lord.”

My ladies’ ministries, which I love, keep me busy, and often on the go. 0n February 2, I enjoyed taking a road trip with my daughter, Anna and her family. We were invited to speak at a ladies’ conference in a church about 2 hours away.   The pastor’s wife, Xiclaly was the perfect hostess, and I was so touched by their faithfulness, although they meet practically in the open, with only a fence for walls. The Conference was crowned with three ladies being saved when Anna gave the invitation. 

What a happy reunion I had with my daughter, Elizabeth, and her husband, Ulises Martínez, and their three precious children on February 5, when they returned from Israel.  Five days later, I went for a visit to Ixtapa, and got to teach their ladies’ Sunday school class. I am amazed at how the work has not only remained faithful, but has grown by leaps and bounds during their absence. They recently ordained two more pastors. The purpose of this visit was to attend the baptism of my 6 year-old granddaughter, Emily. The pastor whom Ulises trained, baptized an Indian man who is 111 years old. His testimony was translated from his dialect to Spanish. When the pastor asked him where he was going when he died, he raised both hands and said, “I’m going to walk on streets of gold.” 

Their desire is to return to Israel in May. Please pray that the Lord will provide the visas they have applied for, and money for their plane tickets.  Thank you for your prayers.

February 18-21 I was invited to speak to two different ladies’ sessions in the Fires of Evangelism Conference at Mount Hebron near Monterrey, where my nephew, Jonathan Ashcraft is pastor.  He was also my soul winning partner on Wednesday, and he won 2 men to the Lord. The last night of the conference 37 people surrendered to serve the Lord. 

The day after I returned home was our monthly visit to the Nursing Home. There were two precious people saved. 

March 1, I traveled to California, and spoke to the ladies in the Hispanic Conference in the Church where my son, David is pastor.  I was asked to share my testimony on Wednesday night. 

Then I traveled to Dallas. Joshua Baptist Church, Pastor Gene Wolfenbarger, has supported me for almost as long as I have been a widow. March 9, I spoke at the Ladies’ Conference in their Spanish Church, with Pastor Jorge Franco. When I gave the invitation, a precious mother-to-be was saved. 

That afternoon, my daughter, Sarah, and her four daughters drove me to Gainesville, where Pastor Omar Vera is pastor of the Hispanic Fundamental Baptist Church. The next morning I taught the ladies’ Sunday school class, and again that evening. Pastor Vera spoke with me after the evening service, and their church is going to pay the plane ticket for our Banquet speaker this year. “Thank you, Pastor!”

I am so thankful for the blessing of being able to mix ministry trips with time with my children. Once again, the Immanuel Baptist Church in Decatur, TX, hosted our Family Reunion this year. Pastor Horton, and his precious wife, Joyce and the members outdid themselves, providing not only lodging in their beautiful “Mission Mansion,” but since it was Spring Break, we were also able to use the Christian School Facilities. “Thank you, Pastor Horton!”

From there I traveled to Chaparral, NM, as I do every year, and enjoyed family/ministry time with my son, Joel, Margaret and Alyssa. This year was a little different, because Desi is in Bible College in California. She is an excellent student, and her family is adjusting very well to her not being home. I was honored, not only to be able to play the piano for the services of Living Water Baptist Church, but also I taught twice: to the Hispanic ladies, and to the English-speaking ladies. It was so special for me to get to attend their two different nursing home ministries. I am amazed at how different Nursing Homes in the USA are to those in México. The people are just as precious. But it seems that the elderly people in the USA are more familiar with church services, and many of them have been Christians for years. It delighted me to see them clapping and lifting their hands when they get happy during a song. 

I do not know what God could do for me more than He already has done, to show His love for me every single day! I’m sure you will agree.

Your friend,
Billie Sloan
Nahum 1:7

No comments: