Sunday, December 30, 2018

Prayer Letter - December 2018

I’d better jump right into this letter. So many exciting things that have happened over the past two months. 

This is a missionary prayer letter, so you are expecting to hear about souls that have been saved: Number One at the top of my list has to be my 6 year-old grandson, Joshua Andrew Miller who was saved on October 7. I pray the Lord will give wisdom to Steve and Ruthie to raise him so that God can use his life in a very unique way. I know just as precious to the Lord is Gabriela, a nurse who was saved at our Nursing Home visit on October 27, when one of the ladies led her to the Lord. The next morning, Claudia was saved when I gave the invitation after teaching my Sunday school class. On November 4, there were 5 saved in the Sunday morning service, and the special thing about Miriam’s Salvation is that she is the Mom of one of our Vacation Bible School students. The following Sunday, 3 more precious souls were saved. 

I was honored to be the guest speaker at a local Baptist Church, where the ladies were celebrating the 10th Anniversary of their ladies’ meeting. 

I know I say this every year, but if you base our Banquets on the attendance, this really was the best one of the twenty. Although there was a record attendance of 129 ladies, what made this Banquet so wonderful were the 15 ladies who were saved following Pastor Alejandro Ramírez’ sermon. Please pray for the ladies and me, as we do follow-up work. I pray the Lord will use these ladies to win others. Among our special First Ladies, was a judge from a nearby town. This was her first time to attend. 

Two days after the Banquet, we drove to Ixtapa, where I attended the Annual Conference in the Church that my son in law, Ulises Martínez started. I was invited to speak to the Ladies’ that Sunday morning. The next evening after the last service, there was a Banquet…actually an annual event that Ulises started 8 years ago, thanking the Lord for my 58 years of living in México. I was overwhelmed as I was lavished with so much love and gifts, and bouquets from the ladies. Although Ulises is in Israel, the different churches he started continue to thrive under the ministries of the men he trained. 

One of the many joys of devoting our lives to helping young people is seeing them fall in love and marry. Esteban is a result of the boys’ home ministry my husband started years ago. He is such a fine young man, and faithful to the Lord. Anai was just a little girl when her family started attending our church. She works in the music department, and teaches children. They were married here in our church on November 23. I pray God will use their lives to bring others to Him. 

Although this is my Christmas prayer letter, since I won’t be writing my next letter until February of 2019, I have been thinking about all the dreams and plans I have for my different ministries next year. I hope your year will be full of dreams come true, and excitement as God helps you to achieve your goals for Him. 

Your friend,
Billie Sloan
Nahum 1:7

No comments: