Sunday, December 30, 2018

Prayer Letter - October 2018

Does your life sometimes seem humdrum…even your ministry? Well, I’ll have to admit things can get pretty routine for me. But then God does something which seems to add meaning to the ordinary things I do: like our ladies’ monthly visits to the nursing home. Sometimes I sit and watch as our ladies pour out their hearts into teaching these old people, and then serving them refreshments, and I wonder, “How much do they really understand?” Until something happens like it did last Saturday, when one of our ladies told me, “Don Anselmo died since our last visit.” Of course my question was, “Was he saved?” “Yes, he was.” I don’t have to tell you, that ministry has taken on a whole new meaning, and encourages me to just stay faithful. 

Our church is going full speed ahead. I can hardly keep up with all the plans our young Pastor Albino has, and his vision for the work here. We had a Big Day on August 5, and there were 5 people saved. A couple of weeks later another lady was saved. Our pastor also puts lots of time into the village work that my husband started many years ago. On a visit to Chalchihuitan where Indian Pastor Sebastian works, there were 23 saved in that meeting on August 24, when Pastor Albino gave the invitation. 

I love teaching my Sunday school class more and more every week. On September 9, a young mother was saved when I gave the invitation. 

God pampers me sometimes. I got to speak at the first Ladies’ Conference at Mount Hebron, in Monterrey on September 14 and 15, where my nephew Jonathan Ashcraft is pastor. His wife, Jenny, asked me to be the speaker, and what a wonderful time I had teaching over 100 ladies. I was honored to get to speak 5 times, including the ladies’ Sunday school class on Sunday. And needless to say, it was a special treat getting to spend family time with Jonathan and Jenny, and their 4 precious children. 

Now, I have saved the most wonderful news for last. Although this is a Mimi Moment, I know you will rejoice with me: my 6 year-old granddaughter Emily Ruth was saved at the Garden Tomb on September 7, after her Daddy, Ulises Martínez, preached on The Sound of the Trumpet, and then gave the invitation. Please pray for the Lord to use her life in a very unique way; and that God would bless the ministry of Ulises and Elizabeth as our ambassadors to Israel. 

I hope the Lord will add some spice to your routine today. 

Your friend,
Billie Sloan
Nahum 1:7

No comments: