Thursday, December 26, 2013

Prayer Letter - December 2013

“For unto us a child is born,...” Isaiah 9:6

Are you pleased with what you did for the Lord this year? As we end 2013, looking back, I agree with the song writer, “I wish I had given Him more.” But what little I did get to do for the Lord is so satisfying, I hardly know how to begin to tell you.

Counting my blessings is so easy for me: the Lord gave me a darling little granddaughter, Mackenzie Grace, born to David and Jolene Sloan on November 22. “I pray the Lord will use your life in a wonderful way, Precious Princess.”

I’ll never forget the date of this year’s Banquet, which came on the day of Mackenzie’s birth. But besides that, this was the largest Banquet we have ever had, and when Pastor Henry González gave the invitation following the message and the clear plan of Salvation, seven precious ladies lifted their hands for salvation, two being leaders here in our city.

Another unexpected blessing: last year our Church opened a mission in the little town of San Lucas. The Lord seemed to have closed the door, there being no place to hold the services. But the wife of the former mayor there attended the banquet, along with her husband, Don Jorge. At the closing of the banquet, my son, Tommy, asked the mayor to come up on the platform with him. Don Jorge said, “Tonight I promise first God, and then Pastor Thomas, that if you will come back to San Lucas, I will provide a place for you to have services again.” I had personally prayed for San Lucas every morning, even though the door seemed to be closed. I am still rejoicing over answered prayer.

My weekly ladies’ Bible study in Dali’s home around the corner from my house is a blessing to me. One of the ladies who attend is a military wife, and she was able to accompany me to the Military Base here, and visit the General’s wife. And in my last class, a precious lady was saved!

What a joy it was for me to get to attend the first service in Xalapa, Veracruz, on October 6, where my son, Philip and his wife, Liz have started a church. The Lord is opening doors for what is sure to be a thriving work. God has laid a prison ministry on Philip’s heart. I pray every morning for that to be a big part of this new work.

Another first service was held in Berriozabal on November 1. Wilber and his wife Jessica have moved there, and made their home where God called them.

I can’t wait until my next prayer letter to let you know that after I finished this, little Gabriel Robert Joel was born to Philip and Liz on December 12. “Thank you, Lord, for my beautiful 39th grand-treasure!”

And thank you to my children, Ulises and Elizabeth, and the churches under his care for the 53rd Anniversary celebration of my living in México, 46 of those years as a missionary. They arranged for several of my out-of-town children to join in the celebration, and the ones who couldn’t attend called me during the service, while the ushers presented me with beautiful bouquets from each of them.

Undeserving as I am, I am thankful for honors lavished on me, as it shows how much I am loved. Not a word of complaint from you, Sloan, for the rest of your life!

Thankfully yours,
Billie Sloan
Nahum 1:7

No comments: