Monday, April 19, 2010

April 2010 Prayer Letter

Dear Friends and Family,

I trust the past two months have been blessed ones for you. Among my countless blessings, the Lord sent me a precious granddaughter, Elisa (pronounced E-lee-sa) Faith Knabb, born to Jason and Sarah on February 6.

The months of February and March were spent away from my lovely mountain home in San Cristobal, Chiapas. After leaving Jason and Sarah in Jáltipan, Veracruz, I traveled with my son, Philip and his wife, Liz to Querétaro, where Steve and Ruthie Miller (my daughter) and their five children serve as missionaries. Then on to the Mount Hebron Ministries south of Monterrey, where I was privileged to speak in several of the ladies’ sessions of the annual Fires of Evangelism Conference, February 15-18. After leaving Monterrey, I crossed the US border, drove to Decatur, TX, and on the 22th I flew to El Paso, TX, and spent two weeks with my son, Joel, and his wife Margaret and their two little girls. I got to be with them for their church’s 10th Anniversary Conference. During my visit there, I spoke six times, including a senior citizen group.

During my stay in the States, I got to visit my home church in Oklahoma City, and spend time with precious friends. I also enjoyed speaking to the college ladies in the OBC split chapel. Since February 1, I’ve spoken twelve times.

Before returning home, I spent two weeks with Steve and Ruthie, and enjoyed attending their church’s 6th Anniversary Conference.

If you have access to the Internet, I invite you to join me in the writing of my new book, My Kids and Me. “From the Heart of Mexico” can be found at www.mimitomany.blogspot.com I’m indebted to my daughter in law, Jolene, for her encouragement, and actual posting of my entries, and pray that even before this book is published, it can be a blessing to ladies…especially mothers and grandmothers. This is a result of a meeting with my former pastor, Dr. Jim Vineyard, who the day after my husband’s funeral, urged me to engage in a writing ministry; I did, and I love it. What a blessed lady I am!

Billie Sloan
Nahum 1:7

No comments: