Sunday, July 2, 2017

Prayer Letter - June 2017

Greetings from Israel!

I could write a book about all the things I have seen, learned and felt these past two and a half weeks since our arrival in this beautiful little country!  In 2008 I spent five days here with my son, David. There are still precious memories I hold dear to my heart from that visit.

Actually, my second trip here began on May 12. I flew from Chiapas to Chicago, and enjoyed a wonderful weekend with Pastor Gerardo Andrade, and his wife, Bethsaida. I was invited to speak at their Mother-Daughter Banquet on the 13th. One of the ladies who attended was saved after I spoke.  I enjoyed teaching her in the ladies’ Sunday school class the next morning.

Monday, I flew to New York City, and Tuesday afternoon met my daughter and her family at the airport. It was a happy reunion. Four months ago they left their home an hour from mine, and started deputation. The purpose of this trip is to let God speak to their hearts, showing them His exact plan for their lives and ministry here. And here we are, less than a week away from our departure, and I have been amazed, and at the same time comforted at the people with whom God has put in their path…six key men who know first-hand how they need to prepare to serve the Lord and His chosen people here.  I use the word “comforted” because I was invited to join my children on this trip so that I could see where they will be living, their lifestyle, etc. A few things still worry me, but the comfort I have felt outweighs my lack of faith. God will provide and God will protect. I have given my children to the Lord.

When we fly back to New York City on the 8th, I will have been here for three weeks…long enough to see, learn and feel unforgettable sights, facts, and emotions.

The first of April, it was an honor to speak twice to ladies from each of the two congregations my son, Joel pastors in New Mexico. I have come to love Living Water Baptist Church.

During my brief opportunities that I have had to connect to the Internet, and receive messages from home in Chiapas, I am thrilled to report that during my absence a man was saved, who is the husband of a lady who accepted the Lord in my ladies’ weekly Bible study several years ago.  Also the daughter of one of the faithful ladies in our Church was saved. This past Wednesday at our Prayer Breakfast, there was a record attendance of 37 ladies, including 13 women from the police force, and the mayor’s wife. The best part, though, was that when my daughter, Anna, finished speaking and gave the invitation, a lady was saved.

Our ladies continue with their hospital and nursing home ministries.  I could speak also of the 2 young people Pastor Albino recently baptized; and the progress of the church building the men are working on; and the completion of a semester at Bible college of two of our young men.

Sometimes I think I must be God’s pet.

Your friend,
Billie Sloan

Nahum 1:7

No comments: