Monday, October 26, 2015

Prayer Letter - October 2015

I know that Titus 2:4 teaches me that I, as an aged woman, should be a teacher of young women. That’s what I try to do, whether I’m with my daughters and daughters in law; teaching my Sunday school class; or whether I’m speaking in Ladies’ Conferences. But honestly, they are the ones who teach me so much!

I returned home four days ago from one of the most unforgettable trips I’ve ever made since my husband went to Heaven almost eleven years ago. In fact, the date of my departure was on what would have been our 46th Wedding Anniversary. Just as I started a 35-year adventure with the most wonderful man I’ve ever known, I began another exciting adventure on September 19 of this year. I wish you had the time to hear all the blessings I enjoyed, and all the things I learned during my nine-day visit to the beautiful country of Panama. Needless to say, I got to visit the historical Panama Canal. But you can look that up on the internet and see what I saw. The joy of that trip was getting to see first-hand the different ministries of Bro. Franklin Booth, and fellowshipping with him and his lovely wife, Brenda, and their precious children, Jonathan, 17; David, 14; and Elizabeth, 10. I stayed in their home, and what a godly family they are!

I was privileged to speak 8 times during my visit: the ladies’ Sunday school class the two Sunday’s I was there; at a special meeting of twenty wives of pastors and missionaries; and 5 times at their Ladies’ Retreat. Some of my children attended Oklahoma Baptist College with Bro. Franklin and Brenda in the ‘90’s. So they were excited that I got to make that trip.

Since my last prayer letter, there have been seven ladies saved in my different ministries. Two young people gave their lives to serve the Lord during a Youth outing in the church in Ixtapa, where my son in law, Ulises, pastors. One of those young men is my 11 year-old grandson, Andrew.  A man who has been attending our church for several months was saved and baptized.

There is great hope of a new work being started in a little town about an hour from San Cristóbal, through a lady in the church who invited me to speak to ladies there. This is her hometown, and I got to teach several ladies from her family. Three ladies were saved after my lesson.

I wish this letter could be all positive. But in reality, I’m sure every work has its valleys. Our church here has been without a pastor for several weeks now. Please pray for the men in the church, as they seek God’s will for another pastor. Thank you for sharing my burden.

Are you praying for our annual Ladies’ Christmas Banquet? November 20 is zooming toward us, and the ladies are working hard getting ready for this annual event, where we are expecting ladies to be saved, just like they have for the past sixteen years.

I am your friend.
Billie Sloan

Nahum 1:7

No comments: