Thursday, April 25, 2013

Prayer letter - April 2013


For the PDF printable version of this letter, click here.

Dear friends:

I’m writing this from 41,000 feet above sea level, somewhere between Los Angeles and El Paso.  I really can’t honestly say I enjoy leaving my home in Chiapas, but as long as I’m invited by pastors and their wives who think I can be a blessing to their ladies, I will do my best to do so.

It was my honor to have spoken at the annual Ladies’ Conference in Montecito Baptist Church, Pastor Ezequiel Salazar, April 5th and 6th in Ontario, California.  I also got to meet and spend special time with Mrs. Francie Taylor, and Mrs. Jo Jo Moffitt.  Thank you, Hermana Miriam, for inviting me, and for treating me royally.

From Ontario, I flew to San Jose and not only did I enjoy special time with my son, David, Jolene, and their four children, but I got to see first hand a couple of days of their routine as I followed them around, mainly on the campus of Golden State Baptist College, where they are serving with Pastor Jack Trieber.  I was honored to get to speak for a few minutes in David’s Israel class, and then teach his mission’s class.  But one of the highlights of my three day visit was getting to lead an 85 year old Panamanian lady to the Lord in her hospital room, possibly on her death bed.

In my beloved San Cristóbal, in the month of February, two sisters of one of the faithful men in our church were saved...one of them after hearing a message on one of the broadcasts from our radio station.

What a joy it was to be able to fly to the beautiful island of Puerto Rico in February, and speak in the Ladies’ Conference of Bro. Mike Casillas.  I made precious, unforgettable memories with him and his sweet wife, Linda.  Also, I was honored to get to share my testimony in the Sunday evening service in the church of the late Pastor Hernán Cortes.  It was a blessing to see his two sons carrying on the work of their father.

At our February Ladies’ Prayer Breakfast, the mother of our city mayor was present.  She is serving as her son’s First Lady, since his wife prefers being a stay-at-home mom to their little children.  I like that!

It was also a blessing to get to speak at a ladies' breakfast March 23 in the church of Bro. Dan Morris, and spend special time with his wife, Debbie.  They are dear friends and co-laborers of many, many years in the capitol city of Tuxtla, about an hour from San Cristóbal.

By the time I write my next prayer letter, I will have spoken to ladies in New Mexico, Texas, Guadalajara, Ciudad Juárez, Florida, and Cuernavaca.  Then it’s Home Sweet Home to Chiapas until June, when I fly to Chicago for a Family Conference.

Thank you for your prayers for my safety, for strength, and especially that I will be a blessing to precious ladies, as they always are to me.

Your friend,
Billie Sloan
Nahum 1:7

No comments: