Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Prayer Letter - February 2012


Does it seem to you like the first month of this year just flew by? I’m constantly reminded of how precious the gift of time is. I want to use every second of my waking hours for the Lord.

The months of December and January have been loaded to the brim with excitement. The auditorium we rented was packed out the nights of the conference December 13-15. Visiting pastors did a magnificent job preaching the Word, and challenging Christians. How thrilling it was to see the unsaved wife of one of our members attending every night. She also attends our ladies’ monthly prayer breakfasts. I have faith that some day she will be saved.

My son, Tommy, is doing a great job taking care of the work while his brother, Philip is in the USA on a short furlough. Even as I write, preparations are being made to have a three-day campaign in a village about an hour from San Cristóbal. Thousands of flyers have been passed out not only in that village, but in neighboring villages as well.

On January 7, I received a happy phone call from my granddaughter, Debbie. “Mimi, I’m saved!” Tommy received the same call, “Uncle Tommy, I’m saved, and I want to get baptized,” and he baptized her the next day.

There were two new ladies present at our ladies’ prayer breakfast January 25, both military wives. Thank you for your prayers for these special ladies.

Bro. Rodolfo and his son, Wilber, the young man who hosts the children’s Saturday Bible club in his home, feel that the Lord would have them start a church in the same neighborhood. The children’s ministry has been a great tool in reaching the parents of these children. Back in December, Wilber and Jessica hosted a Christmas party, and invited the parents of these children. I was delighted to have led two little boys to the Lord that afternoon. Pray for this father-son team as they start this new work.

People are being saved and baptized, and the church is growing. I led a young lady to the Lord on January 8. She was convicted that she should “get her life straightened out,” in her words.

My plans for this year include traveling to speak at ladies’ conferences: the states of Veracruz, Morelos and Querétaro in the country of México; the states of Illinois and California in the USA; and the countries of El Salvador, and Ukraine. Pray for strength, wisdom, and finances as I gladly carry out my mission here on earth.

Your friend,

Billie Sloan    

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I am the most excited about that upcoming trip to Ukraine!!!