Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 2011 Prayer Letter

Dear Friends,

It was with much emotion that afternoon that I got my first glimpse in six months of my little mountain valley home of San Cristóbal. There is absolutely no joy like the joy of being back home. So many things have happened. When one leaves their home for such a long time, changes are inevitable, some good, and some bad. Little did I know that before my return my daughter in law, Liz would undergo major surgery. But she did on April 12, and thanks to your prayers for her, she has recovered, and it is affirmed that the tumor removed from her kidney was benign. Erica, a little girl who was dying of cancer, was a special guest at our banquet in November. She and her Dad were saved that night, and while I was gone, Erica went to Heaven.

In April, I continued to travel with Ulises and Elizabeth until their return to Chiapas the first of May. What a delight it was for me to meet scores of precious pastors and their families, and their ladies who seem to really love me. They showed me so many expressions of love, I often feel like Corrie Ten Boom, when she received honors. She would return to her room, get down on her knees, and say to the Lord, “All the honors given to me tonight, I offer them to back to You.”

In the month of May, I traveled from Texas to New Mexico. I gave my testimony five different times, and showed the DVD presentation of my Banquet ministry, taught three times, and spoke at five ladies’ banquets. My already full prayer book is now bulging with names of new friends, and their many needs. I’m happily settling back into my routine of teaching ladies in the Bible Institute here, teaching our ladies’ Sunday school class, helping with the music, and speaking at our monthly ladies’ prayer breakfast. We are now getting ready for Vacation Bible School July 11-15.

Ulises and Elizabeth had their first service in a house they were able to rent on June 19. It was my joy to get to attend last Sunday, and it was one of the most emotional experiences of my life. Thank you to all of you who have supported them financially, as well as with your prayers.

The church here has signed the papers on the land where we plan to soon start construction on our church. For 27 years it has been right across the drive from my house, and it will seem strange to drive to church. But I rejoice that Philip is leading the work here forward.

Thank you for your friendship, and faithful prayers and financial support.

Billie Sloan
Nahum 1:7

No comments: