1. Wisdom and discernment in all the plans and decisions to be made.
2. Extra strength for the girls and me as we plan and make preparations.
3. For the wife of the city mayor, Idalia Garcia de Diaz, to be able to attend.
4. For the wives of the former mayors to be able to attend.
5. For extra finances for the cost of the Banquet, hotel reservations, plane reservation, etc. for our guest speaker.
6. Preparation of the special music, and choice of each song.
7. For our guest speaker, my son, David Sloan, missionary to Ukraine, as he prepares his message for the evening.
8. For the Hotel staff to be reached with the Gospel.
9. That the Lord would prepare the hearts of the ladies who will be attending, and for many to be saved, who will be an influence to others. We have had ladies saved in every banquet for the past nine years, including two former First Ladies.
10. For wisdom for my son-in-law, Ulises Martinez, our banquet administrator.
NOTE: This banquet is an annual affair, and will be attended by ladies, who for the most part are unsaved, and who either because of religious preferences, or pressures from home, do not attend our Church. The Lord laid these dear ladies on my heart several years ago, and I am as burdened for them as I am for the ladies in my Sunday School class.