PRAYER REQUEST LIST FOR OUR 16TH ANNUAL
LADIES’ CHRISTMAS BANQUET
November 21, 2014
1. Wisdom and discernment in all the plans and decisions to be made.
2. Extra strength for the ladies and me as we plan and make preparations.
3. For the wife of our City Mayor to be able to attend, as well as First Ladies of neighboring towns. We refer to ladies who are in positions of prominence as “First Ladies.”
4. For the wives of the former mayors, military wives, wives of men on the police force, and pastors’ wives to be able to attend.
5. For extra finances for the cost of the Banquet.
6. Preparation of the special music, and choice of each song.
7. For our guest speaker, my son, Philip Sloan, as he prepares his message for the evening, and for liberty as he preaches.
8. For the Hotel staff to be reached with the Gospel.
9. That the Lord would prepare the hearts of the ladies who will be attending, and for many to be saved, who will be an influence to others. We have had ladies saved in every banquet for the past thirteen years, including four former First Ladies, three military wives, and two ladies who have prominent positions in our city.
Note: This Banquet is an annual affair, and will be attended by ladies, who for the most part are unsaved, and who either because of religious preferences, or pressures from home, do not attend our Church. The Lord laid these dear ladies on my heart several years ago, and I am as burdened for them as I am for the ladies in my Sunday School Class.